Friday, October 1, 2010

Almost time for Nick's chair!

One of our "milestones" is getting the first floor system installed. Well, today, after days and days of rain, they almost have it done! The joists are on, and right now they are putting the plywood (or whatever it is) board down to walk on. I've got our stadium chairs in the back of the car and I think one day this weekend Nick will be able to sit in his chair on the first floor. I can't wait to walk up there to see what our view will be like out our first floor windows!

On a side note --- after stalking dirt piles for the last few weeks, I think I found a GOOD one! I gave Lloyd all of the info and he is getting in touch today. We can start pushing dirt any day now, but it has to dry out a bit first. So, keeping my fingers crossed for a dry weekend so we can move some dirt next week!

I went to Homearama this week and saw some pretty houses --- lots had big windows and pretty kitchens opening via either french doors or large sliders to big outdoor porches. It made me question our french doors as the day was just perfect and the big opening provided by the sliders was so nice. It really integrated the outdoor areas. But, I suppose the way we settled on has its good points as well and it will be great (not to mention the windows are ordered).

Also met with the lighting lady, which was very fun. I've got some very cool lights picked out, but am going to have to figure out ways to trim a few costs to get the main lights I like. We also decided to turn Alex's tub / shower combo into a shower only. Why we didn't do this before now is baffling to me since he pretty much only ever showers.

I am excited to look at tiles for these rooms, but have no idea of prices, etc. Nany did an awesome job with her tiles, so I'll have to pick her brain (hint hint for a later date Nany) :-)

I'm hoping to go out tomorrow and get another picture with the floor totally on --- but want to hold off until no workmen are out there because I feel like I'm in their way.

Keep my fingers crossed for a few days of dry weather!







No comments:

Post a Comment