Sunday, January 23, 2011

More cold, SNOW and plugging along.

We have passed the electrical inspection, and I had the lighting people come out after the electrician was done. They refused to come out before, but that is one of the dumbest plans ever. Now, they came out and told me all of the things that I did wrong, so now we get to have the electrician come back. Part of me is feeling lazy, and like just ignoring some of their recommendations, but that could definitely be regrettable.

Here is one of the areas I think we need to add electrical. On this retaining wall, we will put posts and I think post lights would finish the look nicely. The question is, should we make the posts stone, or should we make them wooden with the lights on top? I am talking about the opening at this courtyard retaining wall - admittedly, a bit hard to see.


Here are the fire wood boxes we are putting on the porch. The hearth will span from one fire box to the other. We have decided to do a stone mantel on this porch, which I think will look nice.


Here is a close-up of the stone -- I am really pleased with it. I just wish we had warm enough weather right now that they could finish it. Today I went out to take pics, expecting nobody and the stone guy was there working, trying to get some work done while it isn't too cold. What timing we have!


This week they have to finish the roofing, waterproof the porches, and then the bits of electrical still need to happen. I am anxious to see the insulation go in, but we are expecting more bad weather this week, which might make the roofing and stone work very difficult.... darn!

Our neighbors are in the process of moving in... I'm jealous, though as I look around my house which looks like an episode of hoarders, I know we have a long way to go! These sinks, lights, and other miscellaneous items need to get over to the new house. I'm not sure if I am just anxious to get the house done, or just to get these boxes out of here.... I can't wait, it is driving me crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment