Sunday, May 15, 2011

This place is so beautiful.... how did I forget??

This weekend was the 20th reunion for Exeter. I had forgotten just how amazing it is there.
A skip, hop and a jump took me from Charlotte to Boston and then a short drive up to Exeter. As I neared the campus, I started getting a little pitter patter in my chest because the place was such a big deal in my life. The kids there look so young, but then again, 14 is pretty young to be on your own.

But, on this trip I had a new appreciation for the architecture of the place. It is beautiful, and spring in Exeter, even though it was cold, was gorgeous. What amazing facilities too! 2 hockey rinks, a squash center, an AMAZING science center, and a faculty that hasn't aged a single day.


We sat in the academy building at an "assembly" as they called it. I sat there wondering if people like Daniel Webster, or other alums were impressed by the place, or if they too were scheming about ditching to head out to Romeo's the pizza place. Of course, no sooner did we step out into the hall on the "break" when Mr. Weatherspoon, the Associate Dean said, "Ahem, Rachel, and her Amen friends, you are surely not "ditching" assembly are you?" Yikes, not only did he know us well in high school (actually, my friends ditched, but I was the perfect angel), but he has a memory like an elephant! How did he remember my name? Impressive really....



Here was my home for 4 years....Amen Hall. We had some amazing times here....




I am now home in Davidson, and it is a rainy day, yet warm. Exeter seems so far away! I am realizing I took mainly pictures of buildings and not people...even though it was fantastic to catch up with so many. My friends (dorm mates) were there from San Francisco, London, and Greenwich. Makes Davidson seem like a short commute!

Greenwich, Davidson and San Francisco all represented (London taking pic)






What a fun weekend, and thanks Exeter for the memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment