Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Walnut has arrived! Yippee!! Slow tile progress....

The flooring has arrived... it looks very pretty. It will sit in the house for a few days to acclimate. I still have no idea how they will finish it. I talked to them about Waterlox, they weren't too keen. They are thinking water based poly, or maybe oil based, but I am not sure. They are talking about some technique called "water-popping" which helps bring out the grain. I am worried about it, but they have promised me sample boards and that will help.

The tile guys are there working, but it seems SO SLOW.... I go out almost daily expecting to see major progress and each day it seems one wall is done. But, I suppose I would rather they take their time and do a good job.

Here is the laundry room:

Here is the guest room / study:
Here is the basement bath:
Here is Ry and Nicholas' bath:


I am anxious to see the tile in Alex's bath because it is very cool:
Also anxious to see the master bath travertine --- it looks really pretty in the box!

The boys get the job of changing the lightbulb in the cupola.... I'm not crawling up in this little hole! They will love this project:

No comments:

Post a Comment