Thursday, February 17, 2011

Insulation... finally!

So they are finally insulating. The guys look like spacemen because they are wearing these spacesuit contraptions and big ventilators since we are getting spray foam insulation. That stuff looks crazy....yellow puffy stuff all over the ceiling.

Stone work almost done outside....the fireplace out there is looking good. I have settled on a slab of limestone that is a bit thinner as we are going to do a bulkier stone on the lower half of the fireplace. I am excited to see the finished product.





Lloyd mentioned to me the other day that the dormers are a bit taller than on the plan. After I had a mini heart attack, I got out my reference book (lloyd calls it my bible) to check out the dormer construction and proportion. Well, it is going to be just fine. The trim guys looked at my pictures and made up a sample dormer and it looks great --- the roofing needs to be extended a bit in the front and the sides, but then it will be just right. Phew. When Lloyd saw the look on my face before they were trimmed he offered to tear all of the dormers off the house and rebuild them. I really really didn't want to do that and take a few steps back, but on the other hand, if they didn't look right.... at least he offered and seemed more than willing to have the framers totally re-do them. In the end, I think the framers did them correctly, vs. the architects specifications, so it all really worked out!



It was a beautiful weekend and Alex had a play date out there with a future neighbor. Since it was so nice, all of the neighbors were lurking around. Several of them mentioned they like the color of our house -- -well, that yellow color is the way the hardi boards start out -- in other words, the primary color right now is "primer." When I told them that isn't the color the house is going to be, several of them argued that we should keep it this color! Maintenance wise, that would be nice!
The color is supposed to be this taupey color --- see it on this sample board above the stone...

I got samples today from the cabinet guy --- they look great! I'm going to visit and pet my stone tomorrow.... the granite lady told me that they have some lady that wants them to give her my granite and give us another piece. I would be livid!

Up next... drywall....

No comments:

Post a Comment