Sunday, February 27, 2011

We have a weathervane --- and she is directionally correct!

It is another gorgeous day --- 60 degrees already at 9 am. We are loving it. Ryan and Nick are finishing cub scouts projects --- today was trash pick-up day. Out at the house, there is plenty of trash picking opportunity. I stopped out to help move the old beams out of the garage and give them a good spray with my termite treatment. One looks totally fine, but the other is seeming a bit more questionable. It might become our first wood fire in one of the fireplaces!

The weathervane is looking great. So glad I bought one that seemed way too big at the time, but I think seems just right now. It is really cool, coppery patina, and the running horse I love! She had seen better days, so I had to find a coppersmith to repair her and get the entire weathervane in good condition. I think he did a great job. Now if only they can do the cupola roofing in a curvy fashion (swoopy), all will be just right!




Had to get a shot of the circus that was in town.... Ryan is thinking this might be his calling --- forget the roofing, stilts look fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment