Monday, April 11, 2011

Cocktails anyone?

Well, Sunday was picture perfect and we couldn't resist taking cocktails and a picnic out to the new porch. Of course, the porch is 3/4 finished, but so fun to sit out there! The boys think this is 3 fireplaces in a row....uh, no.



On a scarier note, it is time to call in the exterminator.... there is a giant spider in the attic. I had no idea it lived there, but the attic stairs are in now and we saw it....
Check it out....

Geronimo and his gang have been working on the trim and wainscot. After my miniature hissy fit (miniature according to me, Geronimo and Lloyd might have a slightly different opinion), they are doing the trim my way. I am happy about the coffers, think they look great. I think the wainscot will be good (I was disappointed that the upper box was not vertical, but I am moving on), and they will add another baseboard piece because I think it still needs it. Additionally, the cove moulding still needs to be added to the boxes. Geronimo will be back on Thursday.... he needed a vacation. I don't know why?

Seriously, I have nearly driven myself crazy this week, so I can only imagine Geronimo's mental state!



The stairs have this beautiful walnut trim cap along the wainscot and they put base moulding on it.... it has to go.... the piece of wood is too pretty to cover, and why the heck do we need base moulding halfway up the wall?


Dinner is calling...more pics later....

No comments:

Post a Comment