Sunday, April 3, 2011

Hip Hip Hooray...we have a mudroom! I have always wanted this!

I can't believe that one of the most exciting rooms in our build is the mudroom! I am so excited to have a place for the backpacks and stuff --- in this house it is on the kitchen table, or the counters and they do their homework and then when it is time for dinner, I move it. Inevitably, I hear, "Mom, it was right there, where did you move it?" Sometimes they set up on the dining room for bigger projects, and sadly, I don't mind it, because it isn't in the way. So, we created six locker / cubbies - one for each kid, and then one for Lanie. Or maybe for a guest, but Lanie will be stylin' with her leashes, etc here. I am pretty excited because we have created this little study for the kids, right next to the mudroom. First the mudroom pictures....


See the little charging station when you walk in the garage door?

Just cross the hallway and here is the kids study. I am also very very excited to have this dedicated space. Why we originally had 2 desks in here when we have 3 kids is questionable. Each kid has chosen their space, and that will be great.



Additionally, Nick mentioned doing something cool to enter the wine room yesterday, and voila (don't know how to write the appropriate accent), it magically appeared today!

His dungeon door is ordered, clavos and all.... I hope it is cool, because this was out of my control! The wine room is extremely dark and dungeony, and we have just heard that one of our neighbors (very serious wine connoisseur) is actually bringing in soil and planting grapes, so we'd better get up to speed quickly. I'm thinking the summer trip to Provence will help.... at least in the wine tasting areas!


They also finished the floor of the circular porch.... so glad to have that done (wet mortar in the pics)! I am looking forward to seeing a completed fireplace and pillars and railings, etc!

No comments:

Post a Comment