Monday, April 4, 2011

We've got gas!!!

Before you go buy the Beano or Maalox, I did mean the LP kind. They have buried a tank and dug the trenches for our gaslights out at the end of the invisible driveway. The trench runs all the way around the driveway, and it was very amusing to watch the dumpster dumper try to figure out how the heck he was going to get to the dumpster behind the trench. I have no idea how he reached it, but we have an empty dumpster now.

It also appears they are starting to put some columns up. I'd like to say I'm happy with this, but upon looking at the picture, it looks incorrect and my builder will be getting a call in the morning, darn. It appears they lined the column up with the steps, and not with the windows, maybe it is my camera angle, I'll have to go look in real life in the morning, but it looks pretty off to me. They've got some 'splaining to do!

More trim inside....Pantry...

More bits of the island got installed, doors, etc, and I am trying to figure out backsplash material for behind the range. Simple subway tile, or a creamy stone, like a travertine?
The creamy subway tile is pretty basic, but it would just blend in (goal). The travertines are pretty stones, but there is granite on the countertop and it might get busy, hard to really tell yet. I suppose I should revisit this once the granite gets installed. Also, if I get the plain creamy subway tile, should I go for the larger size (4x8), or a smaller one (3x6)? Would it be better to have a matte subway tile, vs. this polished? I don't know. Wish I could easily find some samples.

Here are a couple of pics of the overall kitchen, and some have the tiles in them....





These are not great pics of the tile options.... but my camera battery died!

No comments:

Post a Comment